There are 6 public access computes in the computer lab at the library. These computers are for public use and who have a valid drivers license, account in good standing, or a parent/guardian permission.
All of the Shelby County Public libraries have public access computers with internet and Microsoft Office products for you to come in and use. Many libraries have standalone computers for you to use your personal stroage devices. All of the libraries have Wi-Fi connectivity. Every networked computer connected to the internet within the libraries has filtered online access per state law.
Acceptable Use policy:
- Each user must have a valid library card in good standings, or to receive a temporary password, user must have valid ID.
- Computer users must not attempt to alter software or hardware settings, attempt to breach computer security, or damage the equipment in any way.
- No inappropriate behavior will be tolerated. Inappropriate behavior includes, but is not limited to, the following: Loud and disruptive talking, any act that endangers others or computer equipment, viewing and/or displaying inappropriate material, unauthorized copying of copyrighted material.
- Staff will assist with computers as time allows, but cannot offer personal instruction.
- Children under the age of 12 MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- PLEASE READ THE FULL RULES AND POLICIES.
Apart of our public access computers, Ancestry Library Edition is available on the library computers. Ask a staff member to show you how to log on and begin researching your family history!
Please read the Rules and Policies for our computer lab before you use our computers.